Thursday, November 22, 2007

Protest at Fort Benning! 25,000 People Came!

Exciting news and photos from Frank Dorrel about the biggest ever protest against School of the Americas. Frank is the publisher of Addicted To War and also made the film compilation What I’ve Learned About U.S. Foreign Policy - The War Against the 3rd World (Japanese title: Who is the Terrorist?).

I really wanted to join this protest as the school is in actuality a death machine and it should be closed right away! Among the 25,000 protesters, you can see Dennis Kucinich, who is running for the US presidency in 2008. I wish every American could have the chance to hear him speak in person. If they did, then I am sure he would be the next President!

To see pictures from the protest and learn about the movement to close The School Of The Americas check out the School Of America Watch website.

2 comments:

Gledwood said...

Hi I notice the cost of the war in Iraq is even more than our local Council Tax and that really IS saying something...

great blog you got here!!

I do a Japanese blog ... because slowly slowly I'm trying to learn that marvellous language...

can you tell me something? why are all english-japanese dictionaries full of american spellings? i find that most disconcerting... is it because the americans invaded after world war 2?

please tell!

my main blog's at http://gledwood2.blogspot.com if you want to leave me a message please leave it there as messages left elsewhere sometimes get lost!

All the very best to you!

from
Gledwood
"Vol 2"...
;->...

Yumi Kikuchi said...

Hi,
I do not know why J-E Dictionary is full of American spelling, my guess is there are more people who do business with USA than England. More influence. Besides, Japan has been like a colony of the USA. Look at the all the US bases all over Japan and who is paying for it!