Sunday, February 24, 2008

Vancoucer Talk: Great Success!

I just finished my 1st talk in Vancouver entitled Creating Peace: What a Person Can Do To Make a Difference. There were about 80 people from all kinds of walks of life, age and race. They were very engaged in listening to me and were so passionate in their want to make a difference in the world by creating peace (actually, they were already doing a lot and I was preaching to the choir).

Vancouver Lecture JPG

Yumi speaking to the Vancouver group


I had no idea what to expect as I am totally unknown here in Canada and I was wondering who would come (I was not sure if anyone was coming), but the hall of the Unitarian Church was full, with maybe 80 or so people, thanks to the efforts of the great organizers.

People kept asking good questions and giving good suggestions during and after my talk on 911, the financial system and sustainability. They seemed to like my presentation and I was so happy they understood me!! (You know my speaking ability in English is limited)

Vancouver Lecture JPG

9/11 Truth activists and Yumi (She looks so small next to them)


I am happy to go anywhere in the world if you can gather 50 or more people, as long as my expenses are covered. My presentation is usually 90 to 120 minutes and includes a short DVD screening.

When I get the audio of my talk, I will post it here as a podcast.

My thanks go to Satoko, David, Alfred, Sayuri and their friends for organizing such a wonderful event. Some people even told me I was as inspiring as Helne Caldicot, other said my philosphy is similar to that of Dalai Lama! It was too good to be true, but I am happy they thought so.

Today, I talked about my transformation from a bond trader to an environmentalist, about our organic life at Harmonic Life Center in Japan, the birth of my 4th baby, September 11th 2001, the launch of the Global Peace Campaign, the shock of finding out what really happened on Sept. 11th, and the importance of each of us becoming the voice of the media!

Speak the truth! Be the truth!

Vancouver Lecture JPG

Georgina, a local 9-11 Truth activist, and Yumi

No comments: