Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My Heart Medicine!

Dear friends who are making a difference for a better planet and who are in my mind.

Have you watched or listened to this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g8cmWZOX8Q



Severn's message to the world is my heart medicine. Whenever I am down and feel what I have been doing is worthless (does this happen to you, sometimes?), reading her speech has always brought me back up (By the way, I used to carry her speech with me wherever I went).

Now you can watch her speak, which is even more powerful. I hope it will do the same thing for you, as it did for me.

In 1992, Severn Suzuki from Canada, 12 years-old at the time, made this amazing speech at the Earth Summit in Rio De Janeiro. I was there, too(at the NGO forum, not actually where she spoke). After her speech, governmental leaders ran up to her and praised her. Some had tears in their eyes.

After this event, Severn was asked to speak and travel all over the world in order for her to continue to wake up adults on the environmental issues and how we should stop war and help the poor.

This speech has been keeping me going, even today. Sometimes I feel down and feel like quitting the many different tasks I am doing, but once I listen to her speech, I regain energy and I can continue on.

Please listen to this speech often, especially when you feel you are not making a difference. I hope it will inspire you to carry on and help make the world a better place for us all!

Yumi

No comments: